Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SPEAKER


DEFINITION: Speaking in the point-of-view of a person or character in a poem

EXAMPLE: Ever since we met that day
After the vacation
In the library corridor way
Our friendship was not the same
It had become more lame.

We had a fight last night?
No, almost passed a fortnight
But still you remember it.
Cant you please get rid of it.

The first day you ignored me
Now stopped talking to me
I am not a person who can remove knots between fights
Cause when we were friends i didnt have a need to.

Now my inner mind says
I am not a person whom i used t be
That is just because we are not friends
Dear friend understand that was the feeling between you and me
SIGNIFICANCE: Since it's in the point-of-view of a certain person or character, the reader of the poem can be that person/character while reading. It allows the reader to relate and know what feelings is being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment